Whether it is a Mac, Android, iOS or any other OS, no operating system is safe from the countless threats that lurk around in the cyber space. What smart users do is that they make use of tools and software that help them protect against threats they are most vulnerable to. However, the problem is that, today one or two tools cannot do the job as the numbers of threats have increased drastically. That being said, there actually is one tool that can protect you against most of the online threats. That tool is called a VPN.
What is a Mac VPN?
Understanding a VPN is not too difficult, but it is very critical to know about what features it brings and how. First of all, a Mac VPN comes with anonymous IPs from servers that are installed around the world. A best Mac VPN offers a simple yet effective VPN client. By connecting to the client, the anonymous IPs replace users’ real IPs when a VPN connection is established. This makes users invisible or anonymous as no one can track the real location of the device. Another benefit anonymous VPN provides is that it unblocks all the geo-restricted content, allowing the users to access what they otherwise cannot.
Apart from the IP switching, VPN services come with different features such as data encryption, split tunneling, DDoS protection, streaming booster, dedicated IPs and so on. Though not all services offer all of these features but the top ones do cover most of them. We have compiled a list of top 10 Mac VPN providers for you that offer adequate features to make your Mac secure, anonymous and restriction-free. Here it goes:
List of 10 Best VPNs for Mac
Let’s narrow down the VPN list for Mac even more to find the best of the best service:
- PIA – One of the biggest VPN networks spread in more than 30 regions, offers Mac support with an incredible Mac VPN client, accepts payments through Bitcoin and all major payment modes, allows full P2P file sharing, Multi-Logins etc.
- HideMyAss – Servers installed in 210+ locations, service compatible with all versions of Mac and other operating systems. It gives multi-protocols for as low as $12.95/month.
- PureVPN – Supported on Mac Devices and gives unlimited bandwidth with 5 simultaneous connections and 30 days money back guarantee for as low as $9.96/month.
- Strong VPN –450+ servers in 22+ countries for unrestricted internet access, pricing plan starts from as low as $16.95 per month.
- IPVanish – Wide network consisting of 2900+ servers, compatible with Mac, free package available as well.
Mac is no different than any other operating system but unfortunately not all the VPNs are designed perfectly for it. We tried and evaluated dozens of VPN services on our Mac devices to compile a list of VPNs that work best with this platform. We have done our job, now it’s your turn to select one of the top 5 Mac VPNs for your security and privacy.